Last Modified Date: 05/01/2023
This policy describes how Clearing Tech Inc. (“Clearing,” “we,” “us,”) collects, aggregates, stores, safeguards and uses the data and information (including non-public personal information, or “NPI”) provided by users through our website, https://getclearing.co/ (the “Site”), as well as information collected by us through other means, including by email, over the phone, or in offline communications. This Site is operated by Clearing and has been created to provide information about our Clearing, products, and services (together, the “Services”). We take your privacy and the security of your information seriously.This policy explains:
- What information we collect, and how we use it
- Choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used
- How we protect personal information electronically and physically
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
Clearing collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us through the Site or through any other means. This may include when you create an account on the Site, register or request products or services, request information from us, sign up for newsletters or our email lists, use our Site, or otherwise contact us.The information we collect may include the following:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number if you are a US person
- A copy of your passport number if you are not a US person
- Other government-issued identification number, if needed
Such as information about properties you own or manage, e.g., property address if you choose to provide it.
Such as information about rent or other payments you make or receive, like the names of the transacting parties, a description of the transactions, the payment or transfer amounts, billing and shipping information, and the devices and payment methods used to complete the transactions. As explained below, this type of information may also be collected through your use of the Services.
Such as withholding allowances and tax filing status.
Information We Automatically Collect
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
SHARING OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Clearing does not sell or re-sell information it has obtained from its customers and website visitors. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
Service Providers help us operate, maintain, and update our Services e.g.:
- Specialist vendors who help us with fraud prevention, identity verification, and fee collection services;
- Companies that help us run our advertising campaigns, contests, special offers, or other events or activities;
Agents, Consultants, and Third-Party Service Providers
Clearing, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
Clearing may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Clearing, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Site may have links to third-party websites, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites, nor does any such link imply that Clearing endorses or has reviewed the third party site subject to such link. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy policies.
CHILDREN AND MINORS
We recognize that you are providing some sensitive information in connection with your use of the Services and that security is critical to our Services. As such, we take security precautions, and will continue to vigilantly safeguard your sensitive Personal Information. Our servers are maintained by a reputable third-party service provider. We separate the application server (servers that you interact with) and the database servers (servers that store our data). We encrypt any stored sensitive information, such as bank numbers, routing numbers, and all passwords using 256-bit encryption technology.While we make reasonable efforts to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to Clearing via the Internet.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will honor the following requests that you may have about the personal information we have collected from and about you. We will extend our best efforts to respond within a calendar month of your request.
Verifying Your Request
Only you or a person who you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify your identity or authority to make the request. We may otherwise limit our response to your request.
Obtain a copy
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
Update or Correct
Upon request, we will update or correct specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected from you. We may ask you to provide additional verification information to confirm and justify such changes.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.We may deny your deletion request if retaining the Personal Information is necessary for us or our service providers, for example, to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Comply with a legal obligation such as data retention obligation under the Bank Secrecy Act.
Opt out of Sharing
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will stop further sharing of your Personal Information to the extent that such sharing is not necessary for the continuation of our services to you, as described in Section 3 above.In particular, you may request not to receive any future marketing communications from us, or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists if you do not have an active account with us.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- By email at: email@example.com
- In writing at: Data Protection Officer, Clearing Tech Inc., 122 W 29th Street, 4th Floor, New York, 10001 NY
- By completing the online contact form inside your Clearing online account